1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
2. In one,God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
3. That Jesus is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5. That justification, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, are wrought by faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
7. Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
8. In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
9. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, the son and of the Holy Ghost.
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
12. In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saint’s feet.
13. In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
14. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
On January 27, 1980, Reverend and Mrs. Quiglen F.Daubon founded and pastored New Brunswick Church of God as an act of obedience to the Lord. This act of obedience began in 1978 when Mrs. Eluena Daubon, wife, had a vision from the Lord, in which an angel of the Lord was carring her in mid air. Along the way in the vision she saw family members from Queens, NY, whom she invited to come along with her but they refused. The angel continued on the journey and set her down in front of a newly built home and gave her an envelope with the names of different people written on it - namely family and friends - with a message for them. The vision was of a very urgent nature but because of very bad weather conditions they were unable to arrive in New Brunswick until March of 1979.
All the families in New Jersey were asked to meet at sister Evadney Williams home, which was in New Brunswick, NJ. It was there that Mrs. Eluena Daubon gave the message of the vision to all the families that were present. The families received the message which brought tears to their eyes. At that time the Lord directed pastor Daubon to to witness to them about about His love for them.
That was when pastor Daubon’s journey began, with trips back and forth to New Jersey from New York for weekly prayer meetings. The sacrifice was great but he had faith in the Lord. The prayer meetings continued for six months and a break of three months took place before they met again on Thanks Giving Day. “It was then that sister Pansey’s”, one of our prayer partners, “sister said to me, ‘what happened, brother Daubon, you cannot just leave us like that .’ I felt like someone had just given me a good whipping” says pastor Daubon. “At that time I made a promise that I would continue traveling to New Jersey every week to resume what we had started.” As the prayer meetings grew he began to seek the Lord for further directions. A midst many difficult challenges the prayer group continued together.
On July 18, 1980, New Brunswick Church of God was organized with its headquarters in Cleveland, Tennessee by the State Overseer Reverend Haile and District Overseer Reverend Wiggs. Our membership were seven adults and ten children. We continued under the Tennessee leadership until 1990.
While New Brunswick Church of God was under the Cleveland, Tennessee headquarters, pastor Daubon served as the district Overseer and pioneered the Mount Bethel Church of God in Trenton. However, due to challenging circumstances, New Brunswick Church of God was not able to continue its association under the leadership of Cleveland Tennessee and so it became an independent organization known as Brunswick Church of God.
Presenting The Promise Church of God
Although some of the members did not transition with us through this challenging embryonic stage of our development, God’s grace and mercy brought us through. God’s hand has blessed the growth of the church and so we continue to develop and expand our borders.
With God’s blessing we were able to secure our own place of worship at 193 Suydam St in New Brunswick. We relocated to this new location in December of 2000. In addition, we were able to pioneer other congregations, namely Fort Lauderdale, FL, and Maypen, Jamaica which are still with us and thriving.
To God be the glory, we are moving on from strength to strength. Pastor and sister Daubon thank God for the faithful members that have stayed with the church through these times of growing pain.
As a result of our diversification in locations, we have had to change the name of the church from “Brunswick Church of God” to our present name “The Promise Church of God.” This change took place on December 2001.
“The Promise Church of God” located at 193 Suydam St, has been a tremendous blessing in the community and many people have come to the Lord through its ministry.
We realize that as the journey continues, the challenge to grow and reach more people gets more strategic. As we approach this new period of technological growth in the world at large, “The Promise COG” have concluded that winning the lost and empowering the lives of people is worth the effort of embracing this period of change.
We embrace the future and have decided to use its advances to reach the lost and empower each other. Our goal is to thrive in all areas of our lives while winning the lost.
If you desire to be transformed by Christ and become a new creation, please pray this prayer.
Jesus, I believe You died for me and rose from the dead, so now I want to live for You. I am turning away from my sins and placing my trust in You. I acknowledge You as my Savior and Lord, and I’m asking You to guide my life from now on.
If you have prayed that simple prayer. Contact the church and let them guide you to a fresh, clean, start and mentor you into a close relationship with the Lord. Read the Bible every day; talk to God in prayer and attend a good Bible-based church where you can find friends who will lift you up rather than pull you down. Keep God in first place in your life and follow His principles; He will take you places you’ve not yet imagined!
May God bless you and keep you and make His grace overshadow you until He comes to receive us home to be with Him.